Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Friendly Baskets


Bamboo, cane, rattan …This extremely environment friendly material is my favorite. Whether it’s furniture or its small storage boxes. And don’t you agree it looks very elegant and modern besides adding warmth to your room. I love to use small baskets and boxes around the house made from these dried grasses. I use these in my kitchen to store onions, to group bottles, in the living room to keep TV remotes, magazines.

I spotted these baskets at a local Thai craft Fair in Bangkok, Thailand. Thaicraft is a fair trade organization committed to help Thai artisans maintain their traditional art and craft. And what could be a better way of helping them by using their local artistry and cheap available materials. You can check their website www.thaicraft.org. You can find varieties of cane and bamboo accessories all over Thailand, Indonesia...you can say all over Southeast Asia.


Images from Thaicraft

No comments: